One of the things I love most about Christmas is the smell! That spicy, yummy, cozy fragrance that fills the house when you heat up apple cider, bake warm cookies, or set up the Christmas tree. I like to add to those smells with a stove top simmer! This is the easiest, budget-friendly recipe that includes only three ingredients!
1. Fill a small pot 1/4 of the way with water.
2. Drop in 2-3 cinnamon sticks and a few pinches of whole allspice and cloves.
3. Heat on lowest setting and let it simmer.
4. The water will evaporate after a while so be sure to check on it every now and then and fill it back to a 1/4 of the way.
3. Enjoy the smell of the holidays!
*This recipe is totally customizable! You can add citrus slices, vanilla or almond extract, or cranberries to create different scents. Have fun with it!
What are some of your favorite holiday scents??